Friday, May 26, 2006

We Made It!




Well we are here in good ole montana!!! The trucks are unloaded and we are 60 percent settled in.
Tommorow Cole and Ella will spend the day with their new caregiver, Iris. During an intial visit Cole and Ella seemed to mesh quite well.
Cole is going through TV withdraws and is always wanting to put his shoes on so he can go Outside. Lots to explore. Unfortunatly we have so much to do we don't have anytime to "play" right now.
Today I spent a gruling hour in a store with Cole basically chanting that he wanted an Apple. Gotta give it to him he has dedication. And at least he wanted something healthy. I normally would have turned around left everything in the cart and gone home but we had no food for lunch and dinner. He also tested me by popping off his seatbelt as I was exiting off the highway to head home. Now this part of the world there is no place to pull over unless it is the side of the road and you have to make sure you are careful not to get hit by cars speeding down the road at 55 MPH. So I pulled over and reinforced just how important it was for him to stay seated and keep his belt on and he just gave me the most devilish grin. I am so in trouble.
Miss Ella is doing great. Loves her room/laundry room. It really is nice to have her in her own space. She had refried beans for the first time tonight and loved it. She is quite the self feeder. The pictures below ar ethe last few days spent in our Spokane, WA home. Ella will miss the swing. Cole will miss his doggies. We had to find them new homes. Our new place to live does not allow pets. We were lucky to place them both in loving enviorments. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I only cried a little. Who am I kidding I bawled. We will try to keep this up dated at least every other day.

No comments: